Asymm is a remote-first software consultancy based in Mexico City and San Diego. We pride ourselves on solving unique problems our clients face through maintainable custom software solutions. Asymm goes above and beyond for our clients; we often own products from the ground up, from research and development to custom designs to elegant final products built with the latest technologies.
About the position
Asymm is partnering with a large physical goods manufacturer and distributor to build a robust embedded insurance platform that will give customers peace of mind over their items and its contents. This is a new project, so you will have the opportunity to architect and build this solution from the ground up, with the opportunity to grow into a lead engineer as the project grows and expands.
Who you are
Asymm is looking for a full-stack engineer comfortable with designing and building custom web applications from the ground up. You should have a broad and deep range of experience that allows you to architect all facets of a cloud-based web application. In addition to your excellent technical skills, you should also have the soft skills necessary to communicate with product owners so you can translate business requirements into code.
- - Written production-quality frontends using React+Typescript (4+ years of experience)
- - Written production-quality backends using Python or Ruby or Typescript or .NET (4+ years of experience)
- - Designed and implemented DB schemas using SQL
- - Automated testing/deployments using CircleCI or Github Actions or Jenkins, etc.
- - Deployed applications to the cloud using AWS
- - Collaborated with teams using Git
- - Collaboratively led stakeholders to balance technical considerations with product and user needs
- - Made thoughtful recommendations and set direction in the face of ambiguity
- - Led projects or teams
Nice to have
- - Experience using stripe, particularly subscriptions, to handle billing
What you’ll do at Asymm
You will be in charge of the technical software development and serve as the key technical person of our internal product development team and our client’s managers. You will communicate with our in-house designers and product owners to provide technical direction. You will own technical decisions and build web-based systems from scratch. As this project expands and grows, you will take on more responsibility and scope out work for other engineers based on their individual skill sets.
Perks & benefits
- - Premium health insurance.
- - Generous and accessible paid vacation time.
- - Paid personal days.
- - Paid parental leave
- - Monthly wellness and educational stipend.
- - Monthly performance bonus.
- - Company parties, community, and social events.
Why you’ll love to work at Asymm
Apply to this position